Gluten-Free Blueberry Dazzle Bars
MAKES 12 GLUTEN-FREE BARS
Photography by Brian Ambrose Photography
These luscious bars rely on good-quality blueberry jam.
Most white chocolate chips contain dairy; if you’re avoiding
dairy, use dairy-free dark chocolate chips instead.
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter or dairy-free buttery spread
1½ cups white chocolate chips, divided
2 large eggs
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1¼ cups Beth’s Cake & Pastry Flour Blend
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup fruit-sweetened blueberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly oil a 7½x 11-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil that extends up the sides of the pan. Spray the surface with vegetable oil spray and set aside.
2. Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on medium-high 1 minute. Stir. Then add 1 cup white chocolate chips, stirring gently to soften. Let stand.
3. Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl on medium speed until foamy. Add sugar and beat on high until lemon-yellow, about 5 minutes. Gently stir in butter mixture. Add vanilla and beat. Whisk together flour blend, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Add to egg mixture and beat at low speed to combine. Reserve about 11/3 cups batter.
4. Spread remainder of batter into prepared pan. Place in preheated oven and bake 15 to 17 minutes until light-golden brown around the edges. Cool briefly on a wire rack.
5. Place jam in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds or until spreadable. Spread over warm crust.
6. Stir remaining ½ cup chocolate chips into remaining batter. Drop spoonfuls of batter over jam.
7. Return pan to preheated oven and bake 30 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely.
8. Lift out of the pan using edges of the parchment or foil and cut into squares. If squares are difficult to cut, freeze 30 to 60 minutes before cutting.